And, while in town, with Bobbie's Jeep, we also made it to Menards to pick up doors we had ordered for the addition. They will reside in the garage until time to install therm ... at least a couple weeks down the road. [I promise a blog on the installation.]
I sanded the nail head filler that was applied yesterday, then began priming. It was soon obvious that we have a lot of wall area to cover. Today, that area was covered with the primer coat...then, down the road, it will need at least one final coat. The bare wood soaked up the primer quickly and we found that it could be brushed over for decent coverage in about 5 or 10 minutes. Bobbie worked on the lower boards and I worked from short stepladders. We didn't finish the entire west and north walls; but, I'd sat we are close to 75% complete. I'll break out the longer ladders and try to finish over the next few days.
|We started on the west wall to keep our work in the morning shade.|
|I primed some of the lower boards, too|
|Near the end of the work day I had about three feet left to go.|
The upper boards will be my project from longer ladders later this week.
Michelangelo did work from a scaffold. I hope not to have to. But the east wall of the addition is high above the basement door, and the retaining wall. Even the bottom board is 8 or 9 feet above ground. Since Jeff and crew haven't sided that wall yet, I'm thinking of priming the boards before they are cut to length and nailed in place. Then, only the final coat of paint will have to be applied from long ladders or a scaffold.
|Rather than working high above the basement door,|
I may prime the siding for this wall before it is put up.