Saturday, June 15, 2013

Slow Week at 3283

To all my regular followers [or should that be follower?] I should apologize for not posting for the past few days. But, it's been a slow week around 3283. Some intentional....some not.

On Monday and Tuesday I took a "vacation" from retirement and from 3283. I was asked to return to work for a couple days to help write a proposal. It was sure different sitting at my old desk staring at a computer screen all day. It was good to see all my old friends....but I think I like retirement better.

I returned Tuesday night in anticipation of more heating work here on Wednesday. But the contractor didn't show up. Actually it was almost a non-work week for them. They only made it here for a couple hours on Thursday. My frustration level with the time the heating/air conditioning installation is taking continues to grow. Though I have been assured that all would be done by next week. We do have a new fancy wi-fi thermostat that we'll be able to adjust from our smartphones; and they ran the copper Freon tubing to where the AC compressor will be located.






On Wednesday I did have a visit from an appliance repairman who tightened some hoses on the dishwasher -- and after running it for 15 minutes or so said he couldn't find any other leaks. Good News. Unfortunately when I did run a full cycle through it yesterday another puddle appeared. Northgate Appliance will be back on Monday or Tuesday to try again -- or pronounce it Dead.

I did work on wiring the relocated Boys Bathroom -- which just needs final connection to power to be complete. And, I ran some cable and telephone wire [having terrible luck attaching RG6 fittings -- Jeff R, I need you ;) ]


Then yesterday I climbed the ladder again and "finished" priming the north wall of the addition. All walls are now primed. Some hard to reach trim and the underside of some eaves remain. But we're getting close to actually being able to ...... start Painting.



Bobbie came in last night. We need to spend time trying to change this construction site into a home since in less than a week Sue, Damon Drew and Leo will be here to spend a couple weeks with us. And Mike, Lindsay and JJ will be completing the family over the 4th of July.

I hope for more progress to report next time. Or, maybe I'll just report that we've been able to sit back and relax some -- even though there is still work to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment