Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Monday's Work: Excavation -- Unattended

After two weeks at 3283 It was time for me to head to Livonia for a few days.  I returned home over the weekend and stayed here Monday to attend to some personal business. But that didn't stop the crew from working.  And, they apparently worked very productively -- without my interruptions.

On Monday they completed the majority of the excavation.  I can only tell from the pictures that were sent by my neighbor [Thanx, again, Charlie] -- But it seems that all the under-house excavation is complete. Only the excavation of the area under the addition seems to remain.

Pictures below show the house above......emptiness.  Emptiness that will become a basement.

I got a text message from the contractor early this morning: "Not working on your site today. 35 mph wind gusts."  We just checked an on-line weather station near the cottage. At 8:30 this morning the temp was 19 -- winds were 30 mph -- wind chill was -19.  A good day to be away from the site.

1 comment:

  1. that's a lot of emptiness...lots of space for fun stuff down there once the cottage is placed back down. i hear mom wants a pool table.

    ReplyDelete