Today was a very active and very productive day at 3283.
- They finished attaching the beam and jacked up the front porch wall to take weight off the porch floor.
- The plumber disconnected and removed all the plumbing from under the house...including removing the pressure tank from the "pit" under the kitchen.
- He also located the underground lined to the house and between the house and garage.
- Two dumpsters were delivered. One for "wood" one for "concrete."
- The indispensable porta-potty showed up.
- More perimeter clearing took place...including removal of all the bushes at the back porch.
- A clearing...complete with silt-fence... was made in the woods for excavated sand. Patrick did a great job clearing some trees, cutting and stacking them.
- Most top-soil from around the cottage was moved and stockpiled in the woods.
|Most of the plumbers work was done in the crawlspace under the cottage.|
All old water, sewer and gas lines were cut out and removed.
The pile above was about a third of the total.
|The wood dumpster and potty are alongthe north property line.The dumpster driver |
brought it on a trailer and was a mastersliding it into position.
|The concrete dumpster is much larger and|
came on a typical 'roll-off' truck.The overhead telephone and cable lines
provided a challenge but the driver was a pro.
|The "back" of the cottage has been cleared out. All the overgrown evergreens|
have been ripped out. Much of the sidewalk relocated -- into the concrete dumpster.
And the latticework was pulled off to provide access below the porch.